Most companies focus on SEO to drive their website ranking and growth businesses. However, too much focus causes them to overlook social media. Especially B2B businesses do not give high importance to social platforms. But, do you know that your social media campaign can boost your SEO effort? Social media platforms are not just for promoting your business by publishing images and articles. You can develop brand recognition, share content, gain trust, and drive traffic to your site. So, let us talk more about social media and its effect on SEO. This is why SEO consultants use social media wisely.
Why do Social Signals Matter?
Social signals are one of the ranking factors for having a better position in Google’s organic search results. It means your follower counts, shares, social media posts, comments, and likes can influence your ranking. It is to be noted that Google checks your social accounts for your business legitimacy verification. The search engine wants to ensure that your contact details match everywhere. So, if your website link or email address is different, the engine will not include your business in the local search.
The Connection between Social Signals and SEO
Your social media marketing campaign has an indirect relationship with your SEO activities. Let us now see how social media affects your SEO
- Curated content will be visible to your target audience on the social platform, especially if it does not appear on the search results.
- SMM helps you build your presence by exposing your brand. Thus, when your brand name appears in the SERP, people will be familiar with it.
- If your content is discoverable in more places, it lets you gain SEO-friendly inbound links.
- Search engines are capable of indexing your tweets.
- In case of business-related searches, your social media profile will come up in the search results.
Leveraging Social Media Platforms
Although social media is not a direct SEO factor, it is a correlation with elements affecting search engine rankings. By publishing interesting, valuable content across different social platforms, you will be able to increase the number of shares and improve visibility. There are multiple SEO-friendly social media strategies to find the best outcomes.
Strategies for Leveraging Social Media in SEO
Some social media SEO best practices are-
- Publish quality content that brings more web traffic and improves organic search engine rankings. It is better to share infographics, original articles, videos, and photos.
- If you consider social media optimization, the first step is to optimize your profiles for search. So, use relevant keywords for your posts and descriptions.
- Amplify your content and schedule your posts across various platforms. Collaborate with social media influencers and engage with the audience.
Building Quality Backlinks
Link building is a good off-page SEO strategy and helps you grow your audience. Quality backlinks and SEO are significant factors for your campaign. Drawing more readers to your content is not the only purpose of sharing it on social platforms. If your content gets the attention of more readers, it boosts the potential to get it linked by someone.
How Social Media Can Help You Build Quality Backlinks
Backlink building through social media involves some steps.
- Compose quality content- Great content gets a lot of shares on social platforms. Concentrate on developing relevant content. Instructional content is highly interesting for readers.
- Keywords are the best link builders, and you should integrate them well into your content.
- Customer reviews posted on social platforms increase engagement.
- Build relationships with other brands and bloggers. It will provide different link-building opportunities, such as content mentions and guest posts.
- Use video, high-quality graphics, and appealing images to boost engagement.
- Creating second-tier links is another way to generate social media backlinks. While linking to another site, which links back to yours, it leads to the creation of second-tier links.
Content Promotion and Engagement
Developing content for target personas is highly important for your SEO and social media campaign. With content promotion on social media, you will be able to boost your visibility and reach the right audience. Promoting relevant content through social media will increase engagement.
Enhancing SEO through Content Promotion and Engagement
You need to implement the best practices to run SEO-boosting social media campaigns–
- A data-driven strategy is important for highly engaging content. So, create a user behavior report, analyze the pattern, and make your decision.
- After making a keyword analysis, you can create a bespoke keyword list.
- Write valuable content for your target readers and boost social media engagement for SEO.
- Add links to high-authority websites. Strong backlinks will increase your credibility.
- You should also optimize your social media profiles to develop a consistent brand image.
Measuring Social Media’s SEO Impact
Measuring a social media campaign is not just about counting the number of shares and likes. It is a way to track, gather, and analyze data from different social channels where you run the campaign. So, you should also consider evaluating social media’s SEO effectiveness.
How to Measure and Analyze the Impact of Social Media on SEO
Determining the metrics to measure social media SEO is the first step for evaluation. You should monitor the volume of traffic your website receives from social channels. Use Google Analytics to check your site’s performance. From the Acquisition tab, you can select the Channels report to find social media analytics for SEO. Compare social media visitors’ conversion rates for SEO and take the right steps.
Key Takeaways: The SEO Benefits of Social Media
Social media campaign helps you improve visibility and gain more links. So, it increases the chance of acquiring more inbound links. Moreover, social platforms allow you to drive more visitors to your search-optimized pages. By analyzing social interaction data, you can improve and curate your content. Besides, social listening trends will enable you to discover new keywords for your content. So, these are some SEO benefits of running the SMM campaign.