SEO consultants need to put a lot of effort into making the campaign successful. They build backlinks, optimize on-site content, tweak keywords, and do several other activities. But, do these activities deliver the desired result? The only way to determine it is to do an SEO analysis. Experts use SEO reporting tools and monitor your website performance continuously. Let us talk more about SEO analysis and regular reporting.
Understanding Search Engine Optimization analysis
SEO analysis refers to the way to evaluate a website to know whether it is properly optimized. Analyzing the SEO process involves identifying opportunities to drive your website’s organic ranking to capture more traffic. Based on the analytical result, professionals tweak the SEO strategy to find a better outcome.
The Importance of SEO Audits
Auditing your SEO campaign is significant to
Identify weaknesses and issues
A comprehensive SEO audit involves identifying the overall performance of a website. So, digital marketers can detect the factors affecting the rank of your site.
Develop an improvement plan
SEO professionals can revise the content, improve the structure, or address technical problems.
Compare to competitors
The audit process enables SEO specialists to have useful insights into the SEO strategies of your competitors.
Key Elements of SEO Analysis
To start the analysis and improve SEO ROI, the professionals focus on some elements like-
- Website load time- Slower loading websites can lead to the loss of visitors and leads.
- Mobile responsiveness- Google has introduced mobile-first indexing strategies and declared that mobile-friendly sites with high usability would achieve higher ranking.
- Image file size- Larger images can affect the website’s loading time.
- Page titles and meta descriptions with a proper length.
- Alt text for image optimization to allow Google to identify your images.
- Duplicate content and broken links
On-Page SEO Analysis
On-page or on-site SEO analysis is a process that involves optimizing your web pages to improve rankings. It analyzes different page elements that allow search engines to determine the relevancy of content to the target audience. Keyword analysis is one of the vital steps for an on-page SEO audit and Keyword Research Reporting.
Off-Page SEO Analysis
If the SEO tactics are applied outside your site to boost rankings, they are known as off-site sites. Guest posting, link building, and social media marketing are some off-page SEO tactics to help you gain high authority and trust. After analyzing off-page SEO factors, professionals can make data-driven decisions.
Technical SEO Analysis
Technical SEO evaluation involves identifying whether your website has any technical issues. From the website’s page speed to the sitemap, everything is there in the technical SEO analysis process. Besides, audit specialists focus on security issues, site commands, Robot.txt file, and suspicious backlinks.
Competitive analysis helps professionals evaluate marketing strategies, sales, and branding tactics of other businesses and E-commerce businesses in your industry. Competitor Analysis is beneficial to
- Understand industry standards
- Fulfil customer’s desires and solve their problems
- Distinguish your brand from your strong competitors
- Measure your growth
- Identify the untapped market
Using AI in SEO audit, professionals can study the journey of your competitors’ customers. They also check competitor’s customer reactions and reviews on social media and other platforms.
The Role of Reporting
Besides identifying predictive analytics, SEO professionals give importance to reporting. The SEO reporting process is significant because it-
- Track your success- By analyzing the SEO report, you can track the search-engine-friendliness of your website. So, SEO professionals will improve the campaign based on the report.
- Earn a higher ROI- As an SEO report lets you view relevant data, you can implement the SEO best practices and earn more.
- Check metrics- A comprehensive SEO report lets you analyze metrics, such as your bounce rate and web traffic.
Why Reporting Matters?
SEO professionals want to develop a report to provide their clients with every detail of the campaign. They want to develop a rapport and trust with their clients. However, the most important reason is to document the benefits of SEO activities and improvements done for better SEO performance.
What to Include in SEO Reports
The SEO report should include information on
Organic search traffic to show the efficiency of the SEO strategy
- Keyword ranking- The number of keywords your website is ranked for
- Organic conversion rate- The percentage of traffic converted into your visitors
- Backlinks- The number of new links your website has acquired
- Domain authority- Your website’s quality from the perspective of the search engine
Tools for SEO Reporting
There are several tools for generating an SEO report-
- Looker Studio or Google Data Studio lets you integrate third-party data. You can also customize the report based on KPIs.
- Authority Labs is a simple position-tracking tool. It also lets you identify competitor keywords, monitor regional ranking data, and manage automated reporting.
- SE Rankings enable you to extract data from various environments.
- SEMrush and Google Analytics are prominent tools for website analytics and competitor analysis.
- Ahrefs combines different SEO reports for improved organic ranking and content. Valuable SEO insights enable marketers to make the right decision.
- Databox is another tool that presents you with a visual and easily sharable tool.
- Moz Pro gives access to keyword research, ranking tracking, and performance reports. You will be able to detect broken links and monitor competitor data.
Creating Actionable SEO Reports
Identifying the objectives is the first step in creating the SEO report. It is also essential to set the KPIs, such as traffic, conversion rate, and optimization rate. Professionals focus on the technical details of your website to develop a site health report. They also create a report on the organic traffic of your site. It includes information on page per session, page views, new subscribers, exit rate, and number of comments.
Reporting is a way to unlock the success of your SEO campaign. SEO professionals use different tools to analyze your website performance and create a comprehensible report. The statistical data enables marketers to take the right SEO optimization steps in the future.